There are numerous types of private jets and all are unique in some way. There are many different options to choose from, each allowing you a certain number of passengers and the ability to fly a certain distance. And while some may give you a little more when it comes to private jet amenities, all are luxurious, comfortable, and the perfect way to travel.
Main Types of Private Jets
Before you book your next flight, here are five types of private jets you should charter.
Very Light Jets
It only makes sense to start with the private jets on the smaller end of the scale, which includes very light jets. These are relatively new to private aviation and are known as entry-level. But don’t let their size fool you.
Light jets can give you a great private jet charter experience and may be the most efficient and cost-effective way. You get amenities and comforts while using a plane that offers excellent and fast performance.
Here’s the takeaway:
- Ability to reach destinations approx 1,000 miles away before needed to refuel
- Access remote airports with short runways
- Can carry five passengers, on average
- Holds a decent amount of luggage weight
You can enjoy all the amenities available to private jets to make your travels even more comfortable. Light jets often give you a little more room for passengers and a little more distance before refueling is needed. These are a great choice to get from one place to another within about a 1,400 to 2,500-mile range.
If you are looking for a more luxurious aircraft to charter or you need some more space for all those you are bringing along with you. A midsize jet may be a great option. You get increased comfort and a great value when you opt for this jet. You can also go greater distances, making them the perfect choice for short and long-haul flights.
Midsize jets can often hold about nine passengers and travel about 2,000 to 3,000 miles. These types of jets typically feature luxuries and amenities that outperform other jets. You can even travel intercontinental on midsize jets.
So, depending on where and who is going, you may consider all this private jet offers you.
Super Midsize Jets
Super midsize jets have a great range, a spacious cabin, and even more features, amenities, and luxuries available to travelers. Many jets will vary in capacity and speed – especially in this category – but on average, they hold about 9 to 12 passengers within their incredibly roomy cabin with elegant seating. Still, looking for something more?
They can travel about 3,000 to 4,0000 miles on average, meaning you can quickly get from New York to Los Angeles. If you are looking for the best of the best, super-midsize jets rank pretty high on the charts.
Heavy jets, sometimes called business jets, aren’t necessarily heavy and slow, but they are more significant and at the top of the line of private jet charters. They are the most luxurious jets and can handle many passengers – sometimes 15 or more.
These are the jets where you will find private cabins with full-size beds and a lounge where you can dine or have a drink. You will have an inflight attendant and a whole crew to ensure your comfort.
Heavy jets can also fly the most incredible distances – many easily exceeding 5,000 miles. In other words, they are the most excellent option for international travel. And, the long flight time will pass quickly due to all of the amenities.
Chartering Different Types of Private Jets
If you are interested in private jet travel and want to take flight on one of these jets, then seeking a charter service is your best option. A charter service gives you access to the experience without making a massive investment in purchasing a jet and hiring your crew.
You become privy to so much with the right private jet charter services. Just take a look:
- Exclusive Privacy and Convenience. Your private jet charter experience is customized to meet your needs, preferences, and desires. Anything that will make your flight more enjoyable and comfortable is what you will find. Further, meeting your flight at private hangars with a professional staff helps you feel confident in your decision.
- Personalized Amenities. Snacks, beverages, a cozy bed for your fur pup, or some champagne to celebrate a special occasion will all be on board as soon as you arrive. And you will have inflight attendants dedicated to you throughout the flight to ensure an unforgettable experience.
- Strong Commitment to Safety and Security. Keeping jets safe to travel so that the passengers and the flight crew are safe should always be the number one priority. The right charter company will keep you safe at every step along your journey.
- Choosing the best charter company should provide you with all these things. You shouldn’t feel like you are just another passenger with an assigned seat on board an aircraft. You should feel as though you are the passenger. When flying charter, passengers’ comfort and safety are of utmost importance.
Sun Air Jets Fleet: Types of Private Jets
At Sun Air Jets, we offer an unmatched charter service as well as a large fleet of private jets for you to take advantage of, including:
- Global Express N320GX
- Gulfstream G500
- Gulfstream GIV-SP N624PD
- Challenger 605
- Citation X
- Hawker 900XP
It doesn’t matter whether you are flying alone or with 15 other passengers; there is a private jet for you to charter. Though, we understand that since many options are available, it can be challenging to decide. When you work with an experienced charter service, you can rest easy knowing that you have a professional team to help you choose the perfect private jet to meet your needs – and surpass your expectations.