Last Updated: October 2022
This notice is provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Under the CCPA, ‘personal information’ is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with a particular California resident.
Personal information does not include:
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have collected, and disclosed to third parties for our business purposes, the following categories of personal information covered by this Policy:
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number);
- Personal information, as defined in the California safeguards law, such as contact information, business information and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex and marital status;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
- Geolocation data, such as device location and Internet Protocol (IP) location;
The categories of sources from whom we collected this personal information are:
- Directly from an individual or the individual’s representatives
- Website activity such as browser cookies, mobile app activity, social media platforms, data service providers and/or analytics providers
- Indirectly from client-directed third parties or institutions representing a client
- Information from corporate clients about individuals associated with the clients (e.g., an employee or board member)
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information for our business purposes described in this privacy disclosure are:
- Vendors and service providers who provide services such catering, transportation, hotels, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure, and customer service activities
- Marketing service providers who provide services such as advertising analytics and email communication
- Other third parties who enable customers to conduct transactions online
- Government agencies as required by laws and regulations
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To email you with email communications, special offers and promotions on products and/or services that we think you might like or you have agreed to receive by signing up and “opting in”, also referred to as being a “Sun Air Insider”. Note that being a “Sun Air Insider” does not grant company information, sensitive information or employment status, and only serves as a marketing term.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
- To publish information and data from collected survey results. Please email email@example.com for removal of a published review.
Sale of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have not “sold” personal information subject to the CCPA, including personal information of minors under the age of 16. For purposes of this Policy, “sold” means the disclosure of personal information to a third-party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Sun Air Jets securely stores your data at its central server location, which is backed up on geographically redundant data centers. All data is secured by SSL encryption.
Our Company will keep your personal information indefinitely. Upon request, the Company will delete your data. We will notify you once the data has been deleted.
These third-party vendors also securely store your data on behalf of Sun Air Jets.
- Jet Insight, charter quote and fleet management system, databases are secured via SSL encryption and are stored in geographically redundant data centers. Confidential information is only accessible for users with Jet Insight accounts that have been given the appropriate permissions to view such information. Jet Insight accounts are secured via mandatory password authentication and optional two-factor authentication for increased security. Archives are not deleted unless explicitly removed by an authorized user.
- Total FBO accounting data are stored locally at Sun Air Jets’ central server, which is backed up on geographically redundant data centers. All data is secured by SSL encryption.
California Consumer Protection Act
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of Personal Information will require additional information to verify your identity.
If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the Personal Information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, health care or medical identification numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for up to an additional 45 days in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
- If you have agreed to receive marketing correspondence for products and/or services we think you might like, you may always opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request that our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that our Company complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- Request that our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Object to our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Request that our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request relating to these additional rights, we have one month to respond to you.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may submit a request by:
- Writing us at:
Sun Air Jets
855 Aviation Drive
Camarillo, CA 93010
Attn: General Counsel
Questions or Concerns
You may contact us with questions or concerns about this Policy and our practices by:
- Writing us at:
Sun Air Jets
855 Aviation Drive
Camarillo, CA 93010
Attn: General Counsel